- ‘Non-personal data’ (NPD) is information that is in no way personally identifiable.
- ‘Personal data’ (PD) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. Personal Data is in many ways the same as Personally Identifiable Information (PII). However, Personal Data is broader in scope and covers more data.
- A “visitor” is someone who merely browses our website. A “user” is someone who has registered with us to use or buy our services and products.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA (Canadian Individuals Only)
We Collect Your Personal Data in the Following Ways
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information may include the name of the website from which you entered our website, if any, as well as the name of the website you’ll visit when you leave our website, your Internet service provider’s name, your web browser type, the type of mobile device, your computer operating system, and data about your browsing activity when using our website. We use all this information to analyze trends among our users to help improve our website.
WHEN ENTERING AND USING OUR WEBSITE
When you enter and use our website you accept cookies, some of these cookies may contain your Personal Data. A cookie is a small piece of data or a text file that is downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you access certain websites. Cookies may contain text that can be read by the web server that delivered the cookie to you. The text contained in the cookie generally consists of a sequence of letters and numbers that uniquely identifies your computer or mobile device; it may contain other information as well.
We May Use the cookie for
- Identifying the areas of our website that you have visited.
- Personalizing content that you see on our website.
- Our website analytics.
- Remarketing our services to you.
- Targeted advertising and serving ads relevant to your interests.
- Target you through social media. This covers targeted marketing for all social platforms, including Facebook.
We use the Facebook pixel on our website. The Facebook Pixel allows us to receive information about the actions taken on our site to make our Facebook ads more relevant to our audience.
We use the Facebook pixel for retargeting and to build audiences to deliver targeted advertisements to individuals who visit our website.
DO NOT TRACK SETTINGS
You may modify and control how and when cookies are set through your browser settings. If you choose to reject cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of our website may not work properly, and you may be unable to use some of our services that require registration in order to participate, or you will have to re-register each time you visit our site.
AT USER REGISTRATION OR WHEN USING OUR SERVICES
When you are registering for our services (i.e. To see more listings), we may collect some or all of the following information: your first and last name, email address, physical address, company name, phone number, user name, password, and other information listed.
We may also use a technology called web beacons and other technologies, such as pixels and ad tags, to collect general information about your use of our website and your use of special promotions or newsletters. The information we collect by web beacons allows us to statistically monitor the number of people who open our emails. Web beacons also help us to understand the behavior of our customers, members, and visitors.
When you use a location-enabled device, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We also may use various locations to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
As new technologies emerge, we may be able to improve our services or provide you with new ones, which means that we may create new ways to collect information on the site and our services. If we offer a new service or new features to our existing site, for example, these changes may result in our collecting new information in order to improve your user experience.
Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about the use of our website. Google Analytics collects information from users such as age, gender, interests, demographics, how often they visit our website, what pages they visit, and what other websites they have used before coming to our website. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to analyze traffic, remarket our products and services to users, improve our marketing, advertising, and to improve our website. We have enabled Google Analytics advertising features such as remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit our website, not your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected using Google Analytics with Personal Data. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. Google also uses specific identifiers to help collect information about the use of our website. For more information on how Google collects and processes your data, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
You can prevent Google Analytics from using your information by opting out at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Sharing your information
We do not and will not sell your personal data to any third parties – Including your name,address, email address or your credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust.
However, we share your data with third parties such as social media platforms or advertising partners as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
We use your information for our legitimate interests including:
- Provide our services you have requested or purchased from us.
- Respond to your questions and provide you support.
- Personalize and customize our content.
- Make improvements to our website.
- Contact you with updates about our services and listings.
- Resolve problems and disputes.
- Contact you with marketing and advertising that we believe may be of interest to you.
Retaining Your Personal Data
We retain Personal Data that you provide us as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about our product or our other services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, and then we securely delete the data. We will delete this data from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in “Reviewing, Correcting, and Removing Your Personal Data” below.
REVIEWING, CORRECTING, AND REMOVING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Upon request Food Depot International Team will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Data. If you provide us with your Personal Data, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your user information not be used to contact you
- To request that your user information be removed from any solicitation list that we use
- To request that your user information be deleted from our records
- To opt out of being solicited by Food Depot International Team or third parties.
To exercise any of these rights, please email us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
PROTECTING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Even though our website is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 16, we realize that a child under the age of 16 may attempt to access our website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child is using our website, please contact us at [email protected] . Before we remove any information, we may ask for proof of identification to prevent malicious removal of account information. If we discover that a child is accessing our website, we will delete his/her information within 30 days. You acknowledge that we do not verify the age of our users nor do we have any liability to do so.
OUR EMAIL POLICY
You can always opt out of receiving further email correspondence from us. We will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third party without your permission except in the sale or transfer of our business, or if our company files for bankruptcy.
OUR SECURITY POLICY
We have built our website using industry-standard security measures and authentication tools to protect the security of your Personal Data. We and the third parties who provide services for us, also maintain technical and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Data. We also periodically monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, consistent with industry standards.
We strongly urge you to protect any password you may have for our website and to not share it with anyone. You should always log out of our website when you finish using it, especially if you are sharing or using a computer in a public place.